What is a crown?
A crown is a type of dental restoration that we often recommend at Essential Dental PC to restore a tooth that is severely damaged or decayed. When a dental filling will not sufficiently restore a tooth, a dental crown can be used to return the tooth to its original shape, size, and structure. The dental crown, which is also called a cap, fits over the tooth and completely covers it starting at the gums. This ensures that the crown effectively restores the health, beauty, and function of your smile. Your dental crown in Chicago, Illinois will be custom made to fit your smile aesthetically and comfortably.
Do I need a crown?
Dr. Carlton and Dr. Dunlap, our skilled dentists, may recommend a dental crown for your smile in order to:
- Cover a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that is fractured or otherwise weakened
- Attach a dental bridge
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Improve the look and function of a misshapen tooth
- Restore a tooth that is significantly decayed or damaged
- Support a large dental filling if little original tooth structure remains
For more information on the uses and benefits of dental crowns, we invite you to contact us today. We are dedicated to restoring your smile!